View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 17, 2014, 07:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
Maybe so. That's a really tough sell from B, especially if you "hear" it and your PU partner doesn't. There could have been ambient noise from elsewhere that sounded like a ball hitting the bat.

If it was me, I would've said/done nothing, wait for my partner to come to me for help should someone have asked him/her to check, and then let him/her know what I saw and heard. I don't like making long distance calls like that.
I'm not in like with not making the call, either. It seems to me that it looks like you are accepting the "it must have happened if that coach asked about it" reaction, when we were told for years to NOT go for help, because you (BU) are expected to make the call when you see it, not be convinced later.

If you are so uncertain you won't make the call, why are you then ready to suggest to your partner something happened that needs to have the live-time call changed? It has always been my philosophy that you have to be even MORE SURE of the need to change a call/non-call by your partner than the need to make an initial call.