View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 09, 2014, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
"It is an erroneous ruling by the umpires, and cannot be corrected unless it is done within the time allowed or follows proper protest procedure if corrected later (replay from the point of the overruled ruling)."
C'mon, Mike. The protest needs to be filed in the time allowed (during which the umpires may have seen their error and corrected it), or if not, the protest is ruled on later, and the game replayed from the point of the erroneous ruling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
I disagree twice. To start, there was no subsequent play. The inning ended at that point, so nothing more occurred that was affected by that ruling.

Secondly, the score is a weak excuse. Used to tell my team to always play as if we were down ten. IMO, playing otherwise is foolish.

You should be playing to win all the time. Obviously, that team did not play well enough to win. There is no argument, one team legally and officially scored more runs than the other in the official number of innings.
You seem to be focused on the "jeopardy" part of this or something. It was a misinterpretation of the definition of a force out that needs to be corrected... but corrected properly.

And, don't give me the "always give 110%" speech. If a team is down by a run in the late innings, they will take greater risks. For example, runner on 3rd, attempt a squeeze play. If the scored is tied, they will not necessarily attempt such a risky play. I shouldn't have to tell you this.

This was a protest situation that was not followed by the offended team. And, as I posted earlier, if the state league is not allowing protests, then there is no remedy for this at all.

If this can be corrected as it was, how long is too long? Later that evening? The next day? After the following game in the post season has been played?

If it can't be corrected 5 days later, where is your rule book now?

Last edited by Dakota; Tue Jun 10, 2014 at 07:15am.