View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 09, 2014, 02:26pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
This is probably the first time in, well, ever that I agree with Billy Mac. It's summer ball. Most likely 2-man. The play is in a corner nowhere near my primary, but I happen to have eyes on it. I see the bump. I'm not blowing my whistle that far out of my primary. My partner hits his whistle, I am assuming for the bump. Instead he goes the other way. Takes me about 5-10 seconds to determine whether it's worth it for me to bring him info on the bump - but everyone in the gym saw it except my partner, so I'll go say something.

I work a lot of summer ball and I can see this happening easily. They got the play right.
This doesn't really fit into a call the game absolutely needs. Missed calls happen all the time -- are you going to go to your partner every time this happens? At some point you need to trust your partner. You have primaries for a reason and the expectation is you take care of yours and he'll take care of his. In 2 man the lane is kind of a dual coverage area, especially near the FT line, but unless there is a crew or game saving call in my partners area I'm not coming to get it or approaching my partner about it.