View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 06, 2014, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
5-1-1i subparagraph "b" states, "If a player's entire foot (no part of the foot is touching in live-ball territory) is beyond the line and touches dead-ball territory at the time she catches, fields, or throws the ball, she has entered dead-ball territory, the ball is dead, no play is allowed."

Seems to me your F7 fielded the ball while in DBT when she picked it up while on the other side of the temporary fence. Since she did not intentionally carry, kick, etc. etc., then I would use 8-4-3i and award one base from the moment she handled the ball.
I think this answered all the questions, especially given the OP saying "picks up ball that is laying in fair territory and throws it in".

There is a difference between intentionally doing something (almost everything we do) and doing something with intent to violate a rule or in a rule sense.

It is similar to the INT wording of active, as oppose to intentional. Several ENGLISH WORDS cause confusion with RULE WORDS; e.g., appeal, interfere, intentional, foul tip, protest, etc. and we should not let that affect a discussion or more importantly a ruling.