View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 03, 2014, 04:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Illegal Screen ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Illegal. Not enough time/distance given for the defender, screener was still moving forward within that window.
Agree. Watching this video over, and over, including some stop action, I believe that from the time that the screener stopped moving forward, the defender was allowed about 7/8 of a step to change direction, and attempt to avoid contact with the screener. At the speed that the defender was moving, I believe that the screener should have allowed the defender the two step maximum (dictated by rule), allowing the defender the time, and distance, to change direction, and attempt to avoid contact with the screener.

I don't see a problem with the forearm. Bad angle for me, and maybe the screener was just protecting herself, or maybe the forearm moved up as a result of the impact resulting from the contact.

I'm gender neutral on this. I'm calling it the same way in a boys, or girls, game.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jun 04, 2014 at 10:55pm.