View Single Post
Old Wed May 28, 2014, 06:05am
Esteemed Forum Member

C'mon Guys, It's White, Blue, White, You Guys Know This ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
For clarity's sake 8-1-4d should read: "Teammates of the free thrower may only occupy the second marked lane space on either side."
JetMetFan: You haven't clarified the rule, you've changed the rule. Teammates of the free thrower can occupy the third spaces as long as no more than two offensive players occupy the marked spaces, and as long as defensive players do not wish to occupy said spaces, although I'm not 100% sure about the second part (as long as defensive players do not wish to occupy said spaces).

"He's keeping a list, he's checking it twice":

On free throws, there is a maximum of two offensive players and four defensive players in the six marked lane spaces. The defense must be in the first marked lane spaces, above the neutral zone marks, on all free throws. The offense must not occupy the first marked lane spaces, above the neutral zone marks. For free throws when there are no rebounders in the marked lane spaces, i.e. technical fouls and intentional fouls, the nine nonshooters shall remain behind the free throw line extended and behind the three point arc.

Players in marked lane spaces must not move into the lane until the ball is released by the free-throw shooter. The shooter, and the players behind the three point arc, must wait until the ball hits the rim, or the backboard, before entering the lane, or penetrating the three point arc. In addition, the free throw shooter must cause the ball to enter the basket, or touch the ring, before the free throw ends. During a free throw, no opponent, including bench personnel, may disconcert the free thrower.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed May 28, 2014 at 06:10am.