View Single Post
Old Tue May 27, 2014, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Lane Violation and Clock issue

I had this happen in two games I did over the weekend.

1. As the lead official I administered a foul shot to Team A I did not catch that team A had a player in the space near the shooter which they can not have. I give the ball to the Shooter and he then tells the player to leave the lane for def purposes. The shooter makes it and I call a violation. The Coach for team A feels the basket should count since player A shouldn't have been there in the first place. My explanation was that we granted him that spot so when we put the ball in play he is in legal position and therefore could secure a rebound as well without penalty. I called violation because he moved after the shooter had the ball regardless of his position in the lane is this correct?

2. We had a situation where there was 6 seconds left in a game. Team A inbounds from their defensive end and start up court we notice when they get to around mid court the clock did not start on inbound but did start before we caught it. We put the ball in play at point of interruption. Was that correct or should we have started at the original point prior to the clock error?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.