View Single Post
Old Tue May 06, 2014, 10:08am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
Eventhough YouTube was rolled out in 2005, it doesn't mean that games from there forward are only on YouTube. There are a ton of game/play clips from games in the 70's, 80's, 90's, etc. So to be honest, the correlation to YouTube and the timeframe to when Bavetta worked a lot really doesn't exist.
I realize this, but my comment was not about just YouTube, it was an example just to highlight the influence of social media and video sites that show things the public finds interesting. Most things are not shown in earlier eras the way they are today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
Since there were 'many times' Bavetta has been discussed for corny situations, I wonder if you can point to one or two, or at least describe/reference them? Also, would love for you to 'link in' just one YouTube clip of a corny play involving Bavetta. I searched quite a bit and couldn't find anything. Every search I did though, trying to find something on Bavetta, seemed to bring up Joey Crawford clips, which was odd.....
I do not think I have to prove anything about what was said about Bavetta. You referenced Bavetta while not even having the two on the same level for years based on their assignments. And yes Bavetta is often talked about with his age and things he missed. He just has not been in any high profile situations relative to J. Crawford. You would have been better talking about Danny Crawford than Bavetta if you ask me. But that just shows you were searching for a criticism rather than being honest about these situations. I do not disagree that Crawford is in the spotlight a lot, but I contend that is because of social media and those doing the lazy thing and pointing out someone they recognize as much as anything. Heck you should know how lazy the media is about other officiating things and almost never ask expects or review material that would highlight what was done by officials.

Peace