View Single Post
Old Tue May 06, 2014, 08:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
Later had a batter take off to first on a passed ball strike 2, with 2 outs. Both runners moved up to 2nd, 3rd. Since the ball got by the catcher and she had no play on any runner, we just sent the batter back to the plate.
I only wish you hadn't said the "Since the ball got by the catcher and she had no play on any runner" part. Sending the batter back to the plate is the correct thing to do REGARDLESS of where the ball went or whether the catcher had a play on someone or not.

Quote:
I did kick one call I think. Girl lays down a bunt, and the ball bounced up and hit her foot. I called it a foul ball as initially I thought she was still in the box when it hit her. The more I think about it, the more I think she was out of the box and I missed the call. Partner was in the C position and said he couldn't tell if she was or wasn't.
Very Very likely you made the right call. A bunt that bounces and nearly immediately hits the batter is very nearly 100% of the time a foul ball. The rare exception is usually a drag bunt, or a bunt done with a slapper's style. There's just not enough time for a normal bunter to get COMPLETELY out of the box and get hit by a bunt that quickly.

West Houston Mike