View Single Post
Old Tue May 06, 2014, 07:46am
Official Forum Member

Another Day, more JV Wackiness

What a day today was.

First game, on bases, 10-0 home team win in 5 innings.

Second, a little more interesting. twice, the visiting team is 3 outs away from their own 10 run mercy rule win. 5th inning they score 5 to cut a 12 run lead to 7. 6th inning they cut a 10 run lead to 4. 7th inning, down 4, they go 1-2-3 to end the game.

Had some interesting plays too. I had a really nice punch out, on strike 2 (oops), at least I realized it right away. The batter thought it was strike 3 as well.

Later, had to call a 3 foot running lane violation on the visiting team. D3K, she takes off running to an unoccupied 1st base. Ball bounced into fair territory off the catcher. She picks it up, guns to first but the throw hits the batter (who is in the 2nd 30 towards 1st base), in the middle back, too bad she was about 2 feet into fair territory. Call her out, send the runner who had just come home, back to 3rd base.

Later had a batter take off to first on a passed ball strike 2, with 2 outs. Both runners moved up to 2nd, 3rd. Since the ball got by the catcher and she had no play on any runner, we just sent the batter back to the plate.

I did kick one call I think. Girl lays down a bunt, and the ball bounced up and hit her foot. I called it a foul ball as initially I thought she was still in the box when it hit her. The more I think about it, the more I think she was out of the box and I missed the call. Partner was in the C position and said he couldn't tell if she was or wasn't.

All in all it was a pretty decent day of games. I would have preferred to have less than a 2 hour 10 minute second game, but it is what it is.