View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 28, 2014, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Well at one time the system used to be around $5000. And you had replace batteries and other maintenance that I was told about. I honestly do not know much about the system overall, just was told that the initial cost was only part of the system. And with the cost was one of the reasons the school the reason the school that was allowed to borrow the device.

Peace
Probably the $5,000 to start but then a good chunk more every year just to have it. The batteries "should" be cheap unless they choose a proprietary form just so they can mark up the replacements to a high price...sort of like cell phone accessories used to be until some governments in the world made the cell phone makers (except for Apple for some reason) converge to universal standards (micro-USB) so chargers and other accessories from one work on all others and you don't have to rebuy them for every new phone.

I also think the company doesn't actually sell the system...I think they only lease it. With no competition, they can get away with that and pretty much charge what they want.

Maybe a couple of use tech-types should get together with a few marketing/sales types and invent a competing system!