View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 27, 2014, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

Frontcourt Corner Coverage

This happened in a game from the same Nike tournament BNR referenced in his thread:

Team A is in their frontcourt set. Double team pressure by the defense on the wing forces A1 to pass it to A2 in the corner.

I'm the lead out wide near A2. A2 puts up a three...B2, while A2 is still in the air, hits A2 on the arm, and the contact is more than incidental/marginal. I wait half a beat for the trail's whistle...then come in with the foul.

I had one college official (NCAA-M), who was one of the partners for the game, says that's a call you have to get...even from the lead. Also had some feedback, from some other officials, that asked, if I'm looking out there, who's looking at the post/rebound action.

What say you? What are your thoughts on the lead coming in on a foul on these types of plays?

Obviously, the play above is for NFHS/NCAA-M mechanics.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.