View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 22, 2014, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
I'm surprised by your answer on this. Is this because you generally don't favor pitching rules or is there something you prefer about the NFHS rule?
It is because of the reason it is not required now. In spite of what some people see as great softball, there are many HS teams which just do not have pitchers, let along quality pitchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
And I'm surprised at your answer to this.
Well, no one has the courage to hold coaches and players accountable to learn and play the game properly. The rules at all levels have been massaged to allow for the dummying down of what was once a helluva game with top athletes that went out and learned to play the game, not go through the motions and have the game come to them. So, if they aren't going to learn how to play the game properly, I guess this is the next best thing.

Now, if they can just convince the loafers in OKC to massage the rules and interpretations to make the damn thing effective.