View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
1. The pitcher starting the pitching motion with both feet on the pitcher’s plate.

Yes, assuming this means eliminating the back step altogether. Otherwise, *yawn*.

2. Defining electronic device.

Only if there are some electronic devices (using the common definition) that are excluded from the rules regulating electronic devices.

3. Clarifying obstruction.

Belongs in umpire training. The rule itself is fine as is.

4. Adding a 10th player to replace the DP/Flex rules for fast pitch.

Assuming this means 10 batters & play defense with any 9 of the 10? Fine by me. Not needed, but essentially harmless, IMO.

5. Eliminating the need for the umpire to check equipment prior to the start of the game.

Yes. Make the use of illegal equipment solely and completely on the coach & admin, instead of a cat and mouse game with the umpires. Make the violation a protest, with a forfeit being the result of winning the protest. (OK, not really thought through... but I am sick of being the bat police.)

6. Requiring a double first base for fast pitch.

Don't care.

7. Clarifying illegal pitches.

See the answer to #3. If they are proposing a radical simplification of the pitching rule, I'd be for that. But, more "clarification" is pointless.

8. Clarifying interference by the batter-runner.

See #3.

9. Allowing runner to touch a missed base after the ball is thrown out of play.

Yes.

10. Allowing an intentional walk in fast pitch.

If this means no pitches have to be thrown? No. The battery should have to play their positions like any other defensive player.

11. Moving “a run ahead” rule from state adoption to a national rule.

Why? To force this on states that choose to not adopt it? Silly.
And, I have to type something outside the quote due to the silly forum rules.