View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 19, 2014, 10:22am
Esteemed Forum Member

Exception ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
It has already been interpreted by either my state or the NF that you can bring in all subs during a disqualification sub or technical situation when subs are already coming in the game.
And you would be 100% correct: 3-3-1-C Exception: When a player is required by rule to be replaced prior to administering the free throw(s), then all other substitutes who have legally reported may also enter the game.

The only problem is that, in Nevadaref's post, there is no player who has been required to be replaced (injury, blood, untucked jersey, disqualification, jewelry, illegal equipment, etc.), so we need to look at another rule to allow an "early" substitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... purpose of the rule is to prevent unnecessary delays.
And you would be 100% correct again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Or we can go with the Intent and Purpose of this substitution restriction rule, "to minimize time taken for substitutions ... does not preclude a substitution(s) during free throws" (Comments On The 1998-99 Basketball Rules Revisions). Since we're already taking few extra seconds to make sure we handle this false multiple foul situation correctly, we might as well beckon in the substitute(s).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Apr 19, 2014 at 10:51am.