Thread: Game Report
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 14, 2014, 12:53pm
AremRed

Had my first U16 boys center yesterday. This was after two AR's (170 min total). About 25 minutes in had a striker and defender (also a captain) collide while challenging for the ball. The ball squirted away and then they started bitch-slapping each other. There were arms flailing everywhere. I was about 10 yards away when they started. They shoved each other away and the captain started yelling at me how the striker punched him. I didn't see one, yellow for both. I came off the field at halftime (0-0 tie) thinking I had done a shit job.

Two more yellows in the 2nd half -- one to a white jersey midfielder who was close to getting booked for dissent when he kicked the ball away after I called a foul on him. After two or three calls in a row against white (and now being down 1-0), they were starting to get a little frustrated. White had an attack developing near the bench when a blue player fouled to break it up. The white coach started yelling, but I already had my card out. Tactical yellow.

Had a couple fouls throughout the game where each player said "but I got the ball!!". Thankfully I was able to match up one of those calls that gave blue a good free kick from the left side of the area with a similar foul giving white a free kick from 25 yards. The blue defender started to complain, but I was already yelling "SAME CALL!" and pointing to the other end of the field. White took it quickly, but nothing came of it. Game finished with a true soccer score: 1-0. Still a lot to work on though, especially knowing how to answer the tough questions that players ask.