View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 14, 2014, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIUmp View Post
If you knew this, why ask? As was stated by Esq and you, it's a no for high school ball. I'm surprised your partner or you didn't see it prior to this.

My question for you is, why were you going through the dugout after the game? Was that the only way out? Did you mention to your partner about the bat you found that he said was "legal"? Have you told your association that a certain school "may" have an illegal bat?
Technically this wasn't the dugout, it was actually the opening on that side of the field. The field has two openings, with the dugout to the left of the opening and the area behind the backstop to the right. The bats were hung right at the edge of the dugout, so when I cam around the corner carrying my mask, the mask hit it and knocked it down.

I did mention this to my partner and also contacted the school after verifying the situation and let the AD know that this bat was in fact not legal. Since this game was not assigned by an association, but an independent assignor, (they were the visiting team and are not normally assigned by this assignor), I did not let the assignor know.