Thread: Game Report
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 11, 2014, 01:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I gotcha, but technically this situation falls under the language "denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball".

Does that mean we should call this DTOTAG (denying the opposing team a goal)???
I've seen the following acronyms used in reports: DGH (Denying a Goal by Handling), DOGSO-H, and DOGSO-F (or sometimes the shorter DGF). The first two apply to the first bullet point below, while the last applies to the second. Pick whichever is appropriate for the circumstances. (From your description above, it sounds like DGH occurred in the match that you did.)
  • denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
  • denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
Additionally, I will tell you that the "F" in the final one does not stand for "Foul," but rather "Free kick." Under LOTG the offense does not have to be a foul, just an offense or infraction. Under NFHS rules the infringement must be a foul punishable by a DIRECT free kick. One of many differences between the two.

Recently, it seems that several countries have moved to a code system for the various cautionable and sendoff offenses using C1 through C7 and S1 through S7.

Last edited by Nevadaref; Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 01:40am.