View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 30, 2014, 06:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I did not say it was acceptable. But there are elephants and there are ants. I think that was an ant at best. And yes at the higher levels or even good HS games some emotion is expected. And if that is a T, any other level of emotion is a T too IMO. Again, I said I would like to see it again to be sure, but I did not think that was over the top or a slam dunk that it should have been called. I have seen a lot worse that was not penalized.

Peace
Understandable and I agree, but there is a difference between self-motivation (chest pounding, screaming "let's go," etc.) and emotion that is directed at an opponent. Even of the Kentucky player's staredown was not T-worthy, it was still clearly directed at an opponent and that I why I think at least a "knock it off" would be appropriate. I have no problem with emotion, but I do have a problem with taunting and unsportsmanlike behavior directed at an opponent, especially one on the ground. The blocked shot itself did all the talking, no reason to risk costing your team two points.