Thread: Instant Replay.
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 30, 2014, 10:50am
Esteemed Forum Member

Will Real Steel Become Real ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
This is why IR needs to be gotten rid of. If they cannot get these plays right with replay, why have it in the first place. And it is taking too long. And baseball wants this crap? Good luck with that.
Coaches make poor decisions. Players make stupid plays. Officials make incorrect calls. And all three groups are always trying to improve, all the time. No matter how good they eventually get, they want to get better. It's been that way since the days of James Naismith, Abner Doubleday, and Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mistakes in the past haven't really hurt these sports, look how popular they have become, both nationally, and for basketball, internationally. Eventually we'll want to have games played by perfect robots, coached by perfect robots, and officiated by perfect robots, and we'll just forget about the human factor. It will be like the movie, Real Steel, but with basketball, and baseball, instead of boxing.

The above post was from BillyMac, the sports purist. Now let's hear from BillyMac, the fan.

As long as my beloved Red Sox, and Celtics, don't get screwed, let's get rid of the replay.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 30, 2014 at 11:36am.