View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 09:54pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Nice chip on the shoulder there. Wanna explain what you really mean by this?

MD Longhorn:

I think that he was trying to say that he has been umpiring for longer that he ever thought he would be officiating. Just like I refer to "The Ancient Days" in the Basketball Forum.

Regarding the OhioHSAA Bylaws:

Bylaw 3: ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITY AND INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL

Section 2: School Representative Must Accompany Team

3-2-1: The principal or representative(s) authorized by the principal, in addition to the coaches, shall be present throughout all varsity football and varsity basketball games. In all other sports, the coach or a person authorized by the Board of Education shall be present throughout the contest.

3-2-2: When a male coach is assigned to a girls team, an adult female (non-high school student) should be present at the contest. When a female coach is assigned to a boys team, an adult male (non-high school student) should be present at the contest.

The requirement to have the Principal or Athletic Director present for Varsity Football and Varsity Basketball games applies to both the Home school and the Visiting school in both Regular Season and Post-Season games.

What one will find in Ohio in the Regular Season for all other levels of basketball and football and all other sports is that the Home AD will be present but there will not be an Administrator from the Visiting school present.

MTD, Sr.

P.S.: MD please disregard the part of my post in blue. I thought you were responding to CharlieJ47 and not WVUmpire1807. But I am "older that dirt" and I am trying to watch Joe DeRosa in the Louisville-Kentucky game.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Fri Mar 28, 2014 at 10:01pm. Reason: Added P.S. to MD Longhorn.