View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 27, 2014, 10:09am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
The contact on the BH/D is one of the plays specifically identified in our (NCAAW) preseason videos that we're supposed to call. I'm surprised no one put a whistle on it. When the C didn't get it the L and T probably figured there hand't been any illegal contact.
Well is it possible that the official felt that the ball handler was falling on their own? I keep reading people say, "That kind of contact needs to be called" but if the BH is falling on their own, that contact was not special or contributed to the player falling. After all, they did pass on a foul. That might have been the reasoning even if you or others disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
And yes, Brenda Freese needed to get a T for going berserk and leaving the coaching box to do so. What she did was identified in last year's preseason video as conduct that must be penalized.

You mean the way NCAAM's officials hand out Ts to coaches every time they lose it on the sidelines?
Right or wrong, NCAAM's side does give out more Ts and high profile situations. For some reason you see coaches on the NCAAW's side has coaches throwing and stomping and nothing is done. And it is much more than a 20 second clip to make that determination. I have some ideas why, but then again that will offend people here, so why bother.

Peace