View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 18, 2014, 12:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
White markings on shoes is distracting?

The judger is the person doing the hiring. Apparently, it's OK with that person or I'm guessing he wouldn't be wearing them
Apparently, it is. Perhaps I need to spell it out more simply next time but my second post clearly stated that I was not commenting on that guy in that instance. If its fine with his group then by all means he can wear whatever they allow. I was commenting on those who are in associations, chapters, states, etc. that have requirements that they do not follow, which is not professional. And, for the record, in THOSE instances it is still unprofessional even if the one doing the hiring continues to hire them. It is on us to be professionals at all times and I expect my co-officials in my chapter to do exactly that -- not because it affects their ability to do the job but because it may affect their perceived ability do the job (I say this as an ex coach who could tell within miutes of seeing a crew who I would be "working" to get those 50/50 calls to go my way).

So, to recap:

1) original post asked about shoes
2) a joke was made about them being black
3) I posted about D1 official who wore blk/wht (remember, HE has said "never do that")

I will make an effort in the future to write posts that leave less room for feelings to get hurt.