View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 16, 2014, 07:37pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Foul? On who? I see two players in equally favorable positions on a poorly thrown pass jumping towards each other.

I can see that the ball may have been loose just before he hit the floor, but splitting that hair in real time would be tough and it isn't even clear in slo-mo.
A's vector is definitely not towards B. A does jump so that his landing spot is on the same vector as the throw-in. But this is not illegal, and he is still afforded to land safely.

In the end zone view, I see B jumping towards and into A and the arm-length contact removes A's chance to land safely with possession because it throws off A's balance significantly.

I agree that catching the loose ball in real time is difficult. I thought it was only a suspect travel in real-time, and an easy call non-travel in slow-mo, but that may be my college football video training coming through (catch/no-catch). Nonetheless, I think the non-travel is the more accurate observation.

If the C didn't wish to call (or observe) a foul, giving the ball to A for the OB violation is an easy sell given that the travel is more likely not there than it is there.

Again, just a deeper explanation of my 2 cents.