View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 12, 2014, 02:02pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I had a conversation with a guy. Who the guy is doesn't matter. He had an opinion, just like you and I. I'm just saying that this was one guy who had the same opinion I have.

I read the case and came to a conclusion about it. Other officials should do the same. Until somebody who has authority over what I do on the court tells me different, I will continue to practice and preach the same philosophy.

As far as discussing it here, while it is redundant, no I'm not trying to annoy anyone. (that's just an added perk ) But we do have new members being added to the discussion all the time, so restating one's opinion is the thing to do, even if one is alone in that opinion.
I just wonder why you prefer to debate us as opposed to getting a definitive ruling from the body that governs HS basketball in your state, or from the national body. Especially considering that you say you are the interpretor for your organization. In VA, interpreters are responsible for getting official rulings from the state/NFHS when there are questions or disputes.