View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 12, 2014, 12:58am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
So of course I have the same situation in the first quarter of my Freshman game a month later. This time both coaches were out of the box talking to each other about my partners (admittedly questionable) call from a few plays earlier. I heard them as I was headed to the table to report. So I whack both of them and they sit. A few minutes later I am table side in front of one of the benches and after the coach asks me a question I ask him "do you know why I called a tech?" (fyi I should not have asked him), and he replied "yeah".

After halftime we are watching warm-ups across the table. My partner (the R) heads to the table and I know he is gonna talk to the coaches. Sure enough he wades right in to the two coaches who are standing there chatting. I don't want to be left out so I walk over there. We end up talking for a minute and I realized that what they were saying to each other wasn't as negative about my partner as I thought. I decide to rescind the techs. When I go to the table and tell the scorer I was rescinding them she said "you can't do that." LOL!
I agree with her.

Lonesome Dove