View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 04, 2014, 05:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmartin View Post
Sorry for opening this can of worms.

The reason I brought it up is when I was at a state clinic last week and , while discussing working the "B" position, one of the instructors made a comment something like "you don't need to be calling balks from this position anyway". I said nothing but didn't think that was the consensus among people I had worked with.

I do wish you gentlemen would take on a more civil tone when discussing a legitimate question.
We all know that there are umpires or experienced umpires that advocate what you were told. It is sad because it makes no sense logically when the BU really has nothing else they are watching. And it is like the "Don't call a check swing from the A on a left hand batter" or do not do the same from the A or middle. The problem is that mentality is often not supported by anyone that produce mechanics books or develop these overall philosophies. There is a reason there are two of you out there. If we are going to only rely on one umpire, why have two at the very least out there?

And the civility IMO is more about the way umpires approach this sport. But I have been stating that for years on this site.

Peace