View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2014, 06:04pm
(Something hilarious)

In my opinion, in the moment, that was a case of "I'M ALLOWED TO GET IN YOUR FACE AND SCREAM AT YOU! YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO GET BACK IN MINE!" And the video shows Cronin's face as soon as TV steps back toward him - the look on it is one of complete incredulousness. He is absolutely astounded that the official would come back in any kind of aggressive/defensive manner - and it takes him completely by surprise - and looks as though he's actually hurt by the gesture.

And it's total crap. And it's never going to change at that level, despite what some talking heads are saying (Bilas's fairly reasoned and poignant piece about it, for example), because it's "their" game.

I'm not suggesting that basketball officials - head coaches interactions should look and sound like baseball managers and umpires. I'm just saying it's a double standard. What those HC's get away with saying on a weekly basis to college officials during games is completely ridiculous. I don't care if they're the highest paid state employee or otherwise.

Last edited by HawkeyeCubP; Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 06:15pm.