View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2014, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I went to a men's D1 college camp in SoCal where an official made a call and went to report it. The HC went off on my partner. He got T #1 and waited at the table as the HC continued his rant. I thought maybe I should go help, but one of the clinicians close to me told me to stay in my spot and that my partner is a grown man and can/should handle this himself. The coach complained for about 20-30 seconds, got his second T and went off.

At the first stoppage of play the clinicians commended my partner for the job he did. Once a coach starts a tirade and is given a T, the message was, we don't run and let them continue. We let them have their say and we can determine if they get a second or not.

I wish this was drilled into HS officials, instead we are taught the complete opposite and T's have such a bad rep around them like it's the official's fault for handing one out.
I could not disagree more with that. Turning professionally to attend to the penalty and the coach following you is not running.

Standing there and then whacking gives the appearance of baiting. Actually it is more than appearance it is baiting.