View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2014, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra View Post
It would not be the first time.

I remember the T he called against the Texas coach a few years ago and then stood there for like 30 seconds until the coach said enough to get the 2nd T.
I went to a men's D1 college camp in SoCal where an official made a call and went to report it. The HC went off on my partner. He got T #1 and waited at the table as the HC continued his rant. I thought maybe I should go help, but one of the clinicians close to me told me to stay in my spot and that my partner is a grown man and can/should handle this himself. The coach complained for about 20-30 seconds, got his second T and went off.

At the first stoppage of play the clinicians commended my partner for the job he did. Once a coach starts a tirade and is given a T, the message was, we don't run and let them continue. We let them have their say and we can determine if they get a second or not.

I wish this was drilled into HS officials, instead we are taught the complete opposite and T's have such a bad rep around them like it's the official's fault for handing one out.