View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 28, 2014, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry for the thread bump, but this one is too good not to tell.

So by circumstance I had to go back out to the same school I was at Tuesday night for a late season makeup game. I had the GV and the BV was to follow. Last game of the year and they had games going in both gyms, which included the JV game of the coach I booted the previous game. Now he doesn't get to coach as he has to sit out a game.

So as the GV is winding down and my partner and I head down to the locker room and the BV officials are waiting for us.

Both of them kind of have a smile/chuckle on their face and then they tell the story. They were up watching our game and waiting to be let downstairs to the locker room. When JV coach comes up to them and states 'hey you see that guy out there on the court (me)...he tossed me from a game on Tuesday.'

Now here's where it gets pretty funny....

Coach tells his story "I didn't really say anything and in the first minute of the game he's giving me a T." (actually about a minute or two into the 2Q) "Then about 30 seconds into the 2nd half he gives me another one and I'm gone. Those were really quick.' (it was about 1/2 through the 3Q).

Naturally they were skeptical of this so one of them asks this question "So did you deserve them?"

Per what they said it took him several seconds to fully answer the question. They never told me what his answer was, but his delayed reaction gave them the answer anyway.

Got to LOVE the nice dose of a little revisionist history there. My game was forgettable, but that story is going to carry me through the off-season (and probably beyond). Nice way to end the season with that little humorous series of events....

Ahhh coaches...what can you say?