Originally Posted by Rich View Post
2-7-1
3-1-1
3-1-2
3-3-1e
8-2
8-3
For the lazy:

2-7-1 "The officials shall conduct the game in accordance with the rules. This includes: Notifying the captains when play is about to begin at the start of the game."

3-1-1 "Each team consists of five players, one of whom is the captain."

3-1-2 "The captain is the representative of his/her team and may address an official on matters of interpretation or to obtain essential information, if it is done in a courteous manner. Any player may address an official to request a time-out or permission to leave the court."

3-3-1e "A captain may request a defensive match-up if three or more substitutes from the same team enter during an opportunity to substitute."

8-2 "The free throw(s) awarded because of a personal foul shall be attempted by the offended player. If such player must withdraw because of an injury or disqualification, his/her substitute shall attempt the throw(s) unless no substitute is available, in which case any teammate may attempt the throw(s) as selected by the team captain or head coach."

8-3 "The free throws awarded because of a technical foul may be attempted by any player of the offended team, including an eligible substitute or designated starter. The coach or captain shall designate the free *thrower(s)."

Unfortunately, Rich missed the part where IAUMP was asking specifically about "speaking captains".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I always notify them that play is about to begin before I toss the ball
I can't tell if you are serious.