View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 26, 2014, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j51969 View Post
Assuming this means you work mostly V contests he was probably not ready for an experienced official/crew.
Yup mostly V contests this year and you're exactly right about the varsity coaches know when they are coming. In all the games this year including some really tight league contests I only had a coach come close to the line 1-2 times and then backed off when we told him they were approaching the line. They got the message....

There was no postgame confrontation and my 'conversation' with him was actually at halftime as we were getting our coats at the table, ejection came in the 2nd half. And I agree w/ JRut that its not our job to lower our standards given the game. I wouldn't have tolerated that in a varsity contest or any level. Now I may not have heard that in a varsity contest as the gyms are usually more full and louder, but in that quiet gym on that day I did hear it and addressed it. The 1st T is warning enough that his actions crossed the line and he didn't get the message and he earned the 2nd one.

No question in my mind about either T was rightly earned by the coach. Slept fine last night. Considering this was my first T on a coach this year I'm chalking this one up to it being a late season JV game versus anything else...