View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 24, 2003, 11:04am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Here's the reason we were talking about it last night.

In our second game, first quarter, Team A shooting two. As the first shot goes up, B1 reaches out puts his hand firmly in the chest of A2 and just shoves him backwards. Notice I said, "FIRST SHOT." That was not a typo. He fouled on the first of two. I called a foul, and then my partner told me it had to be either a technical or an intentional. We decided that we didn't want to deal with the fall-out of that, and Coach A was oblivious, so we shot it as a common foul.

Talking about it on the way home, we couldn't remember what the rule was. The ball was live, but the clock was stopped. I felt like calling a T for idiocy, but didn't think that would fly. Looking through the book last night, I couldn't find an exact reference. Any suggestions?
Juulie,take a look at casebook play 4.19.2(c).It's just a simple personal foul.If A's in the bonus,A1 will shoot his second shot with the lane clear,then A2 shoots the bonus with the teams lined up.If A isn't in the bonus,A1 shoots his second FT with the lane clear,then team A gets the ball OOB on the baseline for a spot throw-in.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jun 24th, 2003 at 11:08 AM]