View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 26, 2014, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

I don't think the problem is yours are much as systemic. You held your standard and were consistent. IME though that is not the standard I see with my partners, in high school games, or I'm sure most coaches see regularly. If a coach then doesn't know you or your partner when they walk in to the gym they are just going to apply the regular standard.

The reality is I see a lot of games and work with a number of partners where if comments are not directed at a person specfically then they don't respond at all. ie. The coach just asking sarcastic questions out loud, making loud comments but not as part of a conversation, etc. = No reaction/T. So coaches don't feel like they are interacting with us or that we are impacted by their comments so they continue.

Then guys like you or me walk into a gym with expectations about conduct and unwilling to accept behaviour/decorum that belittles officiating/ the game and they are shocked when it happens.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!