View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 26, 2014, 07:58am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the responses. Your conversation here basically mimicked the one we had at our last association meeting in regards to it.

Basically it came down to we can't tech them up or ask them to stop because they aren't in violation of any rule. We wouldn't tech up a kid for calling "ball" or players calling out stunts and switches defensively.

Their coaches claim is that they communicate timing issues and adjust defensive technique/strategy based on call.

We also aren't talking middle school house league here. This is a strong varsity girls team with mutliple presses/stunts they run defensively being coached by a former university coach.

If they are doing to it to incite the crowd or question officials we can then respond appropriately. In fairness to the team involved no coach or player has ever question or asked about a 5 second call though I've only done 2-3 of their games.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!