View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:35pm
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Blue View Post
Manny Young Ump was asking about this quote from Mike...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Interestingly, I quoted it for you, told you where it was ... and you somehow misquote me. Does my quote say "the pitch is ruled to be legal"? Nope. It says what I quoted. Twice. Verbatim. "lf the pitcher stops or hesitates in her delivery as a result of the batter stepping out of the box or holding up her hand to request time, it shall not be an illegal pitch."
Groan...

Folks, please refer to youngump's post #49. Read the last sentence that starts with "Separately in this thread..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
Yeah, I'll ask for the local take on this when I get a chance.

This isn't wordsmithing, though. The rule very clearly says what Steve said it says. That may not be the way they want it called (it wouldn't be the first such rule), but this isn't getting fancy with the words it's just taking them as written.

Separately in this thread you've quoted "the pitch is ruled to be legal", where does that phrase come from?
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker