View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 20, 2014, 03:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Please. Most of the time, we know his voice. Further, if it's perfectly clear that he's doing that passive aggressive "I was talking to my players" BS, the visiting coach isn't guilty because we can't hear him. It's a cop out.

Again, I'm not calling this T, but I don't want to pretend we can't, either.
I would not be so sure. I try often to not talk to coaches and half the time I do not know their names. But then again I might not see a coach for years so to suggest all of us would know their names is not really the case. And it could be possible that he was an angel during 1st half too, which would make this conversation even more muddied.

And I think MD makes a great point. But the "Silence cannot be misquoted" can be applied to coaches too. He he does not want any retribution, then he has to watch what he says. I am just saying that based on my experiences and confrontations I have had with coaches on the court, I would pass on this situation when those situations caused controversy.

I had a situation a couple of years ago where I got blamed for a T given for uniforms and I was not even the calling or ruling official that gave this coach a T. And the coach lied and suggested I was "mad" at them because they had a T given to them because of a uniform violation. And that situation took place all on the court and led to a situation where the coach accused me of confronting him after a rather inappropriate comment.

Now where I live almost ever T has to be reported to the assignor. And if we gave a T for what took place in the locker room, I would not be comfortable for that being the reason.

Peace