View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 20, 2014, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
Play #1: Just a common foul from the angle of the video. L has a better angle on what the defender does with his right hand/arm though, so he must've had something to rule intentional.

Play #2: looks like a common foul to me also (defender is making a play on the ball with his right arm); however, given that the first one was ruled intentional it's not a surprise to me that this was also deemed intentional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I have regular shooting fouls on both.

The first one the player got caught up in the air and the shooter waiting for the defender to land in him. I really do not see anything extra to stop the player from shooting. Maybe if anything is is just trying to to fall hard on him.

The second play looks routine attempt to block the shot (bad attempt) but not any more contact than expected. The only reason to call this if you feel there is more going on in this game. I did not get the impression that was the case here.

Peace
Agree ... I would have common fouls in both unless there was something else going on in the game. I liked the officials getting together in play #1 and decided to upgrade more than the immediate call in play #2. The trail would have been in a good position to provide info on the defenders attempt to play the ball.