View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 17, 2014, 04:14pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Err ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
When making the choice to follow the rule or ignore it, it seems that adhering to the rule should be the obvious default.
Especially in terms of explaining situations, and how you handled them, to your assigner.

My Catholic middle school assigner assigns Connecticut games from the beach in Florida. He has always told us that he wants all "Fashion Police" rules followed, even for the littlest kids. A few weeks ago, two our officials decided to allow gold undershirts under white jerseys. No a big deal? Right? It's just a "Fashion Police" issue? Right? How's he going to find out? Right?

Well, he did find out, and guess who's not going to work any league, or state, playoff games?

Maybe the original post doesn't compare, or apply, to fashion issues, but Nevadaref makes a lot of sense, in general terms. If you're going to err, err on the side of following the book.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)