View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 16, 2014, 10:56am
Keeper of the HAMMER

I've got no problem calling this T 99% of the time, I've done it probably a dozen times. But the rule is there for a reason that does not involve the OP, and I've got no problem making an exception in that extremely rare circumstance. If I take a hit later for skipping the T in this circumstance, I can live with that.

If I end up the biggest ass hole in town and take a hit from my association for that, then that's going to be harder to overcome.

The 6 people who matter know it's an exception and wouldn't expect it to be a precedent. If I call the T, everyone in town knows I'm "that guy." I may as well call the multiple foul. Really, it's no different than giving that same kid a little leeway with his pivot foot as he gathers for the 3 point shot you know he's going to take.

I'm not generally an advocate of allowing the other team to skip the FTs on this T, but hey, if you must call the T: just add a team foul and skip the FTs (assuming the opposing coach is on board with the whole thing).

For me, I'm going to enjoy my once-in-a-career moment without being the biggest jerk this side of the continental divide.