View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 14, 2014, 02:17pm
I Bleed Crimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
Fed rules make sense in other sports, particularly hoops, where teams play out of state tournaments.
There are probably a lot less cross-state games (in terms of actual number of individual games) in football compared to BB, VB, etc. But it happens quite often where I am. I looked at my game sheet from last season, and counting less than varsity games, I did 8 games last season across the WA/ID border, and one WA/OR game. And this is pretty common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
In football, that doesn't happen much and when teams play Texas teams HERE, they have to adjust anyway.
Well, what do TX teams do when they go to OK? Or LA? They have to adjust that way as well.

While I'm a fan of going to NCAA rules for some things (esp timing), I'm not for others (blocking below the waist). But as you say, each state can make exceptions. But since TX/MA are the minority of states, it doesn't make sense for the other states to cater to them. If other states are going to switch to NCAA rules, the "Well, TX uses NCAA rules" isn't really an argument.