View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 13, 2014, 12:33pm
Call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
What if the illegal pitch hits her? Rule doesn't come into play and award first base or the illegal pitch?
Lets break it down.
7-3-1-eff2
lf the pitcher stops or hesitates in her delivery as a result ol the batter stepping out of the box or holding up her hand to request time, it shall not be an illegal pitch.
If the pitcher actually releases the ball it can not be called an Illegal pitch ergo it is a legal pitch.

However, if the batter steps out of the box or holds up her hand to request time and the pitcher legally delivers the ball, it shall be called a strike and the ball remains live.
Pretty simple pitch is legal^^^ any ball released in this situation is a strike no matter what. With that said if a ball does hit the batter call it a dead ball strike

If a pitch is not delivered, a rule has been violated by both the batter and the pitcher. The umpire shall call time, declare "no'pitch" and begin play anew.
If the pitcher fails to throw in this situation kill the play "No'pitch"

lf the umpire judges the batter's action to be a deliberate attempt to create an illegal pitch, the umpire will penalize according to 3-6-9.
(3-6-9 Team personnel shall not call "time" 0r use any command or commit any act for the purpose of causing an illegal pitch.)--Penalty-- PENALTY: (Arts. 2 through 10) The umpire shall issue a team warning to the coach of the team involved and the next offender 0n that team shall be restricted to the dugout/bench lot the remainder ol the game.(Arts. 8, 9, 10) For coach' es who violate, depending on the severity of the act, the umpire may issue a warning, restrict the offender to bench/dugout for the remainder of the game or eject the offender..

Last edited by Insane Blue; Sat Feb 15, 2014 at 04:23pm.