View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 11, 2014, 11:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

I worked a JH game last night. Three games in a row, the first two were smooth. The final game were the older kids (I believe 8th graders) and we get through the first half without much of a hitch. Well at halftime we were hanging around because there was no locker room and one of the coaches felt that he could come to us and tell us how to call the game. Now the floor was tile, so kids were not with perfect footing. So he wanted us to call more travels. Now at the JH level I am rather lenient with travels as if I called everything technically we would not have a possession without a whistle. So I told him, "OK we will call every travel you want."

Second half started, every time his team had the ball, we called every "technical travel." Stuff I would not have called in a HS game because it was not very obvious, I called. They got mad, I did not care. Game took longer, I did not care.

After the game the host school people complained about how much the team they played were a bunch of whiners.

Fun times.

Peace