Thread: Survey Says ...
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 11, 2014, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer11 View Post
I see your points on the arc. Personally, I think the offensive player should be allowed to complete a layup and land behind the backboard as part of the shot, and not have to worry about a defender stepping in behind the hoop late. That said, while I wouldn't mind seeing it, I understand that leaving it alone has merit too.
If the defender is late (after the shooter is airborne) getting there, it should be a block in any case....just like anywhere else.

I just think the offensive player shouldn't be jumping for the layup to start with if a defender has already positioned themselves in the path the shooter needs to go through in order to land. The defender has done their job of taking a way a path desired by their opponent. It should then be up to that opponent to stop or change directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezer11 View Post
As for the coach's time out, not sure we'll ever see eye to eye on that one! Haha, I guess I just think of the head coach as just as much a part of the team as the players, and he should have the right to call and be granted a time out at any time.
I think the coach should be coaching the players on what to do and when and be less directly involved in the flow of the game itself.