View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 10, 2014, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Assignors - god bless em'

I'm sure most of us that work for assignors get memo's from time to time. And like players, coaches, fans, this time of year everyone's tipping point gets lower and lower.

Like society in general, in groups of people there is always the section of us that just doesn't get it. We all know who they are and you wonder how they function in life sometimes...

I say this because below I'm sharing a snippet of an email from an assignor in our area, and I freaking laughed out loud when I read it but good god, can you imagine having to work with all the idiots they have to deal with. I realize it's part of the gig but still....

"February 14--Valentines Day--I am 64 years old and for my entire life, this has been celebrated on February 14. Since friday, I have had four asignments given back and the officials have said, "I did not realize it was Valetime Day and my wife made plans." Taking care of your schedule is a big part of officiating. I do not have officials open for Friday. You ae going to make an assignor very unpappy if you cancel for friday. Restuarants are a lot less busy on Saturday."
"