View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 09, 2014, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Is this a joke? You think the officials, after calling the foul, responsibility is to help the kid up? that's what his team is there for. It's just an unfortunate set of events that occurred and we learn and move on. We don't "need" anyone in the trenches. It would be another story all together if two opposing players land one on top of another then we need someone in there to make sure THAT doesn't escalate. But as far as I am concerned, it was a business as usual play.

We don't need knee jerk reactions and caseplays and rule changes that address what the officials *should* do or have done. It's a 1 in a million chance and I am good leaving it at that. At the least maybe a caseplay for how a penalty should be adjudicated with player and fan interaction. but that's it.
So tell me exactly what the officials job is? The offensive players run into the crowd and are pounding their chest. The defensive player who just picked up a foul in a closely contested game, go flying into the crowd.

Maybe you can be like the C and go grab the ball, I'm sure you think that's #1 priority.

The safety of players of the crew and then players is #1 and #2 priority.