View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 08, 2014, 03:47pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
Don't leave your feet and turn into a missile if you don't want to be subject to a foul.
Quote:
I liked the PF on the push OOB. There was absolutely no reason for him to do anything at that point and the push was well after the ball had passed and out of bounds. Like the UNR, don't force the official to make a decision. You may not like his decision.
While it is true that if you don't want the official to throw the flag don't do anything marginal, this is fallacious reasoning. The PF was marginal and similar contact by the Seahawks defense was not called.

Quote:
There was not enough restriction on the Okung block to be a foul. Very borderline if it had been called.
In my opinion, if Aldon Smith is not held he sacks Wilson. I would call that more than "borderline". This level of restriction gets called at every level of football: clearly an advantage gained as Smith has gotten past the tackle who has to hold him to prevent a significant pressure on the QB.

Quote:
Either way it was close and I would assume the "when-in-doubt" on this is to say he's out.
Given that the 49ers had an intentional grounding call earlier in the game, I would say the "when-in-doubt" thing to do is match up calls.