View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 07, 2014, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pennsylvania Coach View Post
Anybody else notice there is more weirdness on the last night of the regular season every year? Some combination of teams ready for playoffs and teams ready to be done with a rough season brings out the worst somehow. A couple years ago I had a double flagrant tech. Last year just an oddball partner with oddball calls. Last night, one of my friends tossed a coach in his game. I didn't have that but lots of other unusual things:

I had an intentional foul for an elbow that was borderline flagrant, and one of my partners had a T for a player entering the court without being beckoned during a live ball. I also had some unsportsmanlike conduct by a player that I very easily could've handled with a T but went with a stop-and-stare followed by the coach disciplining her.

The weirdest part of all was during the senior night festivities just before we started the 15-minute clock for pre-game, the alarm system went off. Nobody moved for the exits and they just ignored it. Within a few minutes the alarm was silenced but the blinking emergency lights were still strobing when we were ready for starters and the anthem. The visiting coach didn't like it, so the game management found some towels to cover them up and we went ahead with the game. Strange.
One time I had team A up by 40+ points. Team B calls time out with 10 seconds left. Their coach calls me over to tell me once the the ball is inbounded all of his players are coming off the bench -- just for comedy relief. It was wacky but it was a funny wacky. No Technical, we just let the clock run out. It was odd looking 13 players on defense!!