View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 05, 2014, 01:42pm
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
a1 dives for a loose ball and is still laying down. B1 basically lands on top of A1 and tries for the ball. I think landing on top of some one is a foul but I am getting a ton of crap from coaches, whether the ball is in possession or not, about it being a loose ball so it can't be a foul.
1. Don't worry about the coaches giving you crap. Most of them know nothing about rules. Many will complain whenever a call goes against them regardless as to whether or not it was the correct call.

2. You are correct this is a foul on B1 and should be called.

3. If you have access to John Adams NCAA-M weekly video bulletins or know somebody that does checkout video 8 or 9. There is a play involving North Carolina and I believe either Wake Forest or Georgia Tech where the NC player has gained control of a loose ball while on the floor, the opposing player dives on top of him (should have been a foul), and then the NC player jacks the defender with an elbow. Foul on NC player was definitely a F1 and probably a F2. Good chance it would not have happened if the officials had called the first foul.